Canadian Remote Tax Expert
Upload your documents securely from anywhere and one of our Tax Experts will prepare and file your return remotely.
Lower-income renters in Canada can now apply for a one-time $500 top-up to the Canada Housing Benefit Canadians must meet all the following conditions to be eligible for the new benefit:
- have filed a 2021 tax return;
- be at least 15 years of age as of December 1, 2022;
- be a resident in Canada in 2022 for tax purposes;
- have an adjusted family net income of $20,000 or less for individuals, or $35,000 or less for families;
- have paid at least 30% of their 2021 adjusted family net income on rent for their principal residence in the 2022 calendar year; and
- be able to provide their 2022 address(es) and landlord’s contact information.
If you are eligible, applications are currently open. The last day you can apply is Friday, March 31, 2023 (11:59 pm ET). How to apply? Click here>>>